Last modified: October 18, 2011
Planefinder LLC ("Company" or "We" or “Us” or “Our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy does not apply to information we collect through any other means, or to information collected on any website that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
This is a general audience website and does not offer services directed to children. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including:
• Information you provide to us.
• Information we collect as you navigate through the site, including usage details, IP addresses, cookies, web beacons, etc.
• Information we receive from third parties, for example, our business partners.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to register; participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes; ask us a question; or initiate other transactions on our Website.
USAGE DETAILS, IP ADDRESSES, COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
• Usage Details and IP Addresses. As you navigate through the Website, we may also collect details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' equipment, browsing actions and patterns.
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Website.
• Web Beacons. Pages of the Website may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also referred to as single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on the Website and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of the Website.
USES MADE OF INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
• To present our Website and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us and appropriate third-parties.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
We may also use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information that you provide via our Website to the following third parties:
• Our suppliers, subsidiaries and affiliates.
• Contractors, service providers, business partners and referring websites.
• In the event of merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of Planefinder LLC’s assets or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, in which case personal information held by Planefinder LLC about its customers will be among the assets transferred to the buyer.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
• Respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Promotional Offers from Third Parties. If you do not wish us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form). You can also always opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used for promotional purposes by the Company, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form). You can also always opt-out of receiving e-mail information from us other than the e-mail informing you of the completion of user registration, correction of user data, or change of password by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Planefinder as a result of a transaction.
• Personalized Advertising. If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form). You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences accordingly in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can review and update your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page and making changes. If you have forgotten your password, once you have tried to register and failed, you can click on the "Forgot your password?" link to reach a page on which you can submit your e-mail address. Your user name and password then will be e-mailed to you.
You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Planefinder LLC, 875 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 2100, Chicago, IL 60611.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.